Monday, September 26, 2005

Blog Number 14 - Thoughts on Frank Miller's '300' interview

When I read the Frank Miller interview about his 5-part comic book series '300', he reflected on the impact that the 1962 movie 'The 300 Spartans' had on him when he saw it as a child. Coincidentally, I was the same age, living in Australia when I saw the movie and it impacted me similarly (King Leonidas and the 300 Spartans of Thermopylae 9/15/04 blog). It's my favorite movie, therefore, I'm waiting to see how Frank Miller's comic book version is translated to the big screen by Zack Snyder and company.

If you saw 'The 300 Spartans' how old were you when you first saw it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw it on late-night TV with my dad. I was maybe 8 or 10. Dad was fascinated by the story, so we sat and watched the movie and I asked questions during the commercials. I've never forgotten the movie these many years later, so it must have had an impact on me, and I've continued to be interested in the story. I'm glad it's getting an update.

Unknown said...

Greetings Medusa~

I watched the movie my father also!
It's uncanny how many people have watched this movie with at least one or both of their parents.

I'm also glad that it's getting an update. If '300' does well, I have a hunch that 'Gates of Fire' will be resurrected.

Cheers,

John