Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Blog Number 1 - The '300' Spartans

Exactly one year ago today, I started a web log about my favorite movie 'The 300 Spartans' entitled 'King Leonidas and the 300 Spartans of Thermopylae'. This movie had such an impact on me when I first saw it in Australia as a six year old, that as I grew older I started buying books, art, statues, basically anything that I could find about King Leonidas and the 300 Spartans of Thermopylae. I also started collecting memorabilia from the movie which I had posted on the aforementioned web log so that others who share the same passion could see what is available. Did this collecting turn into an expensive habit? YOU BET!!!

Then along came Frank Miller's '300' ............. and the resumption of spending more money, which culminated in the purchase of the rare signed Frank Miller & Lynn Varley limited edition lithograph!!!

When I started my web log back in September of last year, I started posting twice every week about the legendary warriors known collectively as the 300 Spartans. However, with all the news regarding Frank Miller's '300' movie, I found that I was blogging much more frequently. In addition, I was occasionally posting about Steven Pressfield's excellent book on the Battle of Thermopylae, 'Gates of Fire'.

Therefore, I thought I would start new web logs which would focus only on matters relative to Frank Miller's '300' & Steven Pressfield's 'Gates of Fire' while still continuing to post about the movie 'The 300 Spartans' on my other blog.

With that being said, you have just read my 1st blog of 300!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I am just getting into your blogs and haven't found my way around yet. I don't know if this is where I should put this link about green screen or not. Delete if necessary.

I just found this interview with the director of "Sin City" about green screen. Thought some of you might be interested.

http://www.latinoreview.com/interviews/rr-sincitydvd.html

He talks about how the actors perform in front of the green screen. It's down past his picture in the cowboy hat. I don't know how to make it clickable here.

Jane

Unknown said...

G'day Jane~

Thanks for the info!

Cheers,

John

Pam Shirkey said...

John,

Thanks for starting this Blog. It's great to come to on place and find the info about this great movie. As a big fan of Gerard Butler, history, and movies, I am really eager to see this screen event.

Unknown said...

Hi Pam~

Thank you as always for your comments as they are very much appreciated!

Cheers,

John