Friday, January 27, 2006

Blog Number 137 - Centurion in Frank Miller's '300'

Occasionally, I will go to the IMDB website to see if there are any new additions to the cast of '300'. There was one entry that really had me scratching my head and that was that Dylan Smith would be playing the part of the Centurion. It wasn't that Dylan Smith would be in the cast, it was that there was a character called the Centurion.

When I hear the word Centurion, I immediately think of a Roman officer commanding a unit of 100 soldiers. However, since it seems that all the major roles of the Spartans and Andrew Pleavin as Daxos have been named, I will assume then that the Centurion is the character who will be commanding the elite 10,000 man unit of the Persian army called the Immortals.

Exponentially it works out perfectly 100 x 100 = 10,000!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sorry for not having a name, couldn't make the sign up work...

Having a centurion is not really justifiable. Putting aside the fact that the units lead by centurions were usually about 80 men (one of those military compromises), the Immortals wouldn't have used that title, and the Roman Legions DID NOT EXIST in 480 B.C.